Maintenance Tips for Your New Lash Extensions
It is important to take good care of your new eyelash extensions! With proper maintenance, your natural lashes will remain healthy and strong. Below, you’ll find some important points to remember on how to care for your eyelash extensions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call!
- Do not get lashes wet for twelve to twenty four hours (a light mist is fine.)
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes, when in the shower – do not stand with your eyes/lashes directly under the shower head. After taking a shower, gently brush or comb through your lashes starting at the middle and going upwards. Do not comb from the root of the lashes – this may cause your natural lashes and extensions to be pulled out prematurely.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna immediately afterwards. Allow enough time for the glue to bond to the lashes.
- Do not rub your eyes/lashes.
- Sleep on your back! This is not only good for the lashes but keeps those wrinkles away.
- If wearing mascara, only use water based mascara and apply only on the tips of lashes if you’re trying to create more volume.
- If applying mascara do so from middle to tip and avoid root area.
- Keep lashes hydrated. Hydrated, conditioned lashes are happy lashes. It is important to keep lashes healthy and flexible. Don’t let them dry out!
- Do not be afraid to touch your lashes. Lashes need to be cleaned, especially if wearing makeup daily.
- Use water based eye makeup remover – a gentle liquid or foam wash with either a q-tip or lint free cotton pad is best.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler. This can cause lash breakage.
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely.)